About Student Outreach
Activities in 2012
Committee activities for summer students:
- The NE Student Outreach Committee organized the NE Summer Student Seminar Series in June-July 2012 for summer students at NE or other Argonne Divisions. For details, visit: 2012 Summer Students Seminars...
- Summer students had the opportunity to attend guided tours of some of the NE Division facilities. Guided tours details...
EVENT: "Getting to Know Nuclear Energy: the Past, Present and Future" Nov. 12, 2012
On Nov. 15, 2012, Argonne Nuclear Engineer Roger Blomquist presented a free public lecture about the history of nuclear energy, advanced reactor designs, and future technologies. You can now watch a video of the lecture online. More information
EVENT: "Argonne Energy Showcase" Sep. 15, 2012
Argonne opened its gates to the community on Saturday, September 15, for a day of discovery and fun for the whole family. The event was free and open to the public. The Nuclear Engineering Division actively participated in this event with activities inside and outside Building 208, the home of the Nuclear Engineering Division. More information
LIVE WEBINAR: "What’s Cool About Nuclear Science and Why Our Country Needs Nuclear Electricity" Jan. 25, 2012
Mark Peters and Justin Thomas (both Argonne National Laboratory) spoke during a day-long live webinar on Nuclear Science part of National Nuclear Science Week. Podcasts and presentation are available for everyone to download. More information
- Student Outreach Activities in 2011
- Student Outreach Activities in 2010
- Student Outreach Activities in 2009
- Student Outreach Activities in 2008
- Student Outreach Activities in 2007
- 2006 Argonne Open House
Contact the Student Outreach Committee
If you would like to contact the NE Student Outreach Committee for further information or to request a student activity, please email .
Visit our website for Students and Teachers:
"Nuclear Energy Learning Resources for Home and School" at http://students.ne.anl.gov/schools/