NE Student Outreach
Activities in 2008
The Nuclear Engineering Division Student Outreach Committee offered guided tours of some of the NE Division facilities for summer students.
For more information:
:: 2008 Guided Tours for Summer Students
2008 NE Summer Student Seminar Series
The NE Student Outreach Committee organized again its well known NE Summer Student Seminar Series in June-July 2008. The series was aimed at informing our summer students of the interesting and important work being done in NE. Students from other Argonne divisions were also invited to attend.
The seminars schedule and details about the topics presented are available at:
:: 2008 NE Summer Student Seminar Series
2008 ANS National Student Conference @ Texas A&M University
Argonne participated in the annual American Nuclear Society National Student Conference (Feb. 28-Mar. 1st, 2008, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas). Conference attendees had several opportunities to meet and talk with us:
- In conjunction with the Chemical Sciences and Engineering (CSE) and Mathematics and Computer Science (MCS) divisions of Argonne, NE organized and conducted a fast reactor workshop with the title "Global Nuclear Energy Partnership and the Role of Fast Reactors". Several NE staff members made presentations at the workshop. See below for details.
- NE and CSE presented a career booth at the conference Career Fair. For those who came by the booth, thanks for your interest and for stopping by, we hope that you enjoyed your visit!
- NE's representatives were interviewed by Rod Adams of The Atomic Show, a podcast blog on nuclear energy issues. Rod also interviewed representatives of other organizations which -like us- had a booth at the career fair of the ANS conference.
- Listen to The Atomic Show #085-1 - ANS Student Conference Career Fair Part 1 (38m46s); the segment including the interview with the Argonne staff members starts around minute 27 of the podcast.
- Listen to a further set of interviews with other organizations at The Atomic Show #085-2 - ANS Student Conference Career Fair Part 2 (31m09s).